Thursday, June 27, 2013

Thank God I Found My Summer Uniform

I have tried a bunch of running skirts and haven't been especially thrilled with the built in shorts in any of them.  Marshall's had these Avia ones so I bought one and fell in love.    I thought the color was going to be out of control. but with a black top it's totally doable.  I did get a new top that has some orange and magenta and it looks OK with it, but I would not spend the day in because I would have to really suck it in all day and I just can't do that with the heat we're having right now.

The built in shorts are not too bad.   They mostly stay in place and I got so effing hot and sweaty while mowing today, that I was really, really pleased with how they stayed where they belonged.  The skirt flows nicely too, so it didn't roll around or get stuck up on my butt shelf.

I also love the wide waistband.


I think wide waistbands are the key to a good life.  Wide waistbands and no thongs.  I believe thongs are the reason women get bitchy.  I'm serious.  I only wear riding pants that have wide waistbands and when I buy new workout capris, skirts or shorts, I try to get them with wide waistbands too because they do a lot of disguising and don't cut in.  Usually, they are also short in the rise which I need because I am so short waisted.

I tried to show you my butt but do you know how hard it is to take a picture of your butt with an ipad?  Even when you reverse the camera it's impossible.

Linking here:
http://www.myturnforus.com/

1 comment:

  1. I wear long pants with a teeny tiny small jogging bra under my tank because: 1. My thighs are gigantic and even my knees are chubby and, 2. My boobs bounce a lot (I've been told by friends and family driving by), which is why I compress them.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love summer. I reply to all comments except those ridiculous anonymous comments offering me dirty deeds and real estate. When you leave your comment, please make sure your own settings will allow me to reply to you. Nothing makes me sadder than replying to your comments and then realizing it’s going to the no-reply@blogger address!