Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Nugget of Goodness

While everyone cries when they are handed a fruitcake because they hate it so much, I'm the one running around proclaiming my love for the sticky sweet rings of goodness.  They are filled with dried and/or fake fruits and weigh just over 3.4 tons.  And that is totally fine with me.

I remember getting one in the mail every Christmas from some relative and everyone would roll their eyes.  I especially loved them when they had pecans on the top, stuck in the crazy, wild, sticky goodness.

Somewhere along the way, we stopped getting fruitcake in the mail.  And no one my age ever sends me any.  And I'm not about to go buy my own.

That would be like buying chocolates for myself on Valentine's day.

I'm just letting you know that you can send all of your fruitcake my way.

In the meantime, I get to enjoy this little bit of goodness each year.


My sister a-ster makes these for us for Christmas.  They aren't round and they don't come in a tin.  And I'm sure all of the ingredients are real food and not green pieces of rubber cut up inside.   It  tastes fantastic and nothing like the round tinned kind. 

I think it's a texture thing.  These taste nothing like any other fruitcake I've had, but I don't think it's the taste that I enjoy so much.  I think it's sinking my teeth into the ooey gooeyness and the surprise of dried fruit that has been soaked in some kind of alcohol that just burst when you eat them.

Or maybe there's so much alcohol that I'm just drunk when I eat them.

Either way, I'm definitely not picky about what's in my fruitcake.

Linking herehere  and here

1 comment:

  1. I like fruit cake, too! People tease me about it! Have a Happy New Year! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love summer. I reply to all comments except those ridiculous anonymous comments offering me dirty deeds and real estate. When you leave your comment, please make sure your own settings will allow me to reply to you. Nothing makes me sadder than replying to your comments and then realizing it’s going to the no-reply@blogger address!