Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Bonus To Being Injured

So, while playing the role of sexiest French teacher this side of the bridge, I've made a fun discovery.  I don't have to wear matching socks because no one can see what's under the wrap!   That means:

 a) I can get dressed a lot faster because I can grab any two socks and it won't matter the color or the height of one of them.

b) I can wear those socks whose matches I know are somewhere in this house but load after load, they just don't appear.

As much fun as that discovery was, I've just about gotten over wearing sneakers to work every day.  And if one more person asks me what is going on with the "black sock", I might kick them with my good foot.  Why on earth wasn't this thing made in flesh color?  Or better, why didn't I decide last winter that it bothered me enough to do something and no one would have noticed because I was wearing pants?

This is one of my favorite times of the year for clothing because I have lots of fun sleeveless dresses that I can't wear once we get near October and usually I can't wear until about the last week of school in June.  I'm no fashionista, but it's really been a pain to wear sneakers with these lovely dresses.  It feel like an unmade bed.  Yes, my feet are remaining ache and blister free, but I do like to wear flats sometimes.

While I do love the days when I get to go to school dressed like this, it's really only fun when everyone else is dressed like that too!

And God help me, I realized today that I can't wear my winter boots with heels that I love so very, very much.  It's going to be a long winter.

Linking up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as I love summer. I reply to all comments except those ridiculous anonymous comments offering me dirty deeds and real estate. When you leave your comment, please make sure your own settings will allow me to reply to you. Nothing makes me sadder than replying to your comments and then realizing it’s going to the no-reply@blogger address!