Sunday, January 1, 2012

Deep Thoughts As We Move Into 2012

Here are something I've been thinking about as we draw 2011 to a close.  It's been a great year, but I still have some questions that haven't been answered.  I hope I find the answers in 2012.

1.  Common advice for getting the smell of garlic or onions off your hands is to run a stainless steel spoon underwater with your hands and rub your hands all over the spoon.  Does that mean if I eat garlic with a stainless steel spoon, and rub my tongue all over it, the spoon will remove the odor from my mouth as I eat?

2.  In my parents' generation, your father was "the old man" and your wife was "the old lady".  Isn't that weird?  If your father was the old man then shouldn't your MOTHER be the old lady?

3.  Professional hockey that you see on TV is played by MEN.  Why do they say a team has "the man advantage" when the other team has a player out?  Why can't they say the team has "the ONE MAN advantage"?  Everyone who plays is a man, therefore, they ALL have the man advantage!!!!

4.  Are we sure they are called butterflies and not flutterbys?  Wouldn't flutterby make a lot more sense because they, well, flutter by you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as I love summer. I reply to all comments except those ridiculous anonymous comments offering me dirty deeds and real estate. When you leave your comment, please make sure your own settings will allow me to reply to you. Nothing makes me sadder than replying to your comments and then realizing it’s going to the no-reply@blogger address!