Friday, December 2, 2011

Feel Good Friday

Here we are again.  It's Feel Good Friday.  Write about what made you happy this week, come here and leave a comment and we'll come by and check you out.  I usually try to pick 5 things that were good, but sometimes I struggle and come up with just one or two.

Go try it, it's a great way to wrap the week.

**After a terrifying incident of a flashlight being shone into my living room on Saturday night, I got over it, I wasn't stolen and nothing happened.  More on that in another post.

**I did a 5K race that I used to do pretty regularly but it's hard being right after Thanksgiving.  Sometimes we aren't here. Since I twisted my ankle almost a year ago, I haven't done any races.  Not even my own.

I have started running again, not a lot, but a little.  I decided I should do this one race to get me back in the game.

It was a GORGEOUS day.  60s which is not normal here for the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  My time was 27:43 which is slow for me, but not awful.  It didn't feel great, but my ankle didn't have a fit, so all is well.

I even ran again on Tuesday and had no issues, except that I wasn't fast.  And it didn't feel awesome.  But then, running never feels awesome when I do it, but I like the results.

**Pampered Chef might be the awesomest company ever.  I had bought some bowls and one chipped.  They were a set, but my consultant said she could just send back the one for a replacement.  When I got the replacement, it was the set of TWO!  So now I have more bowls than I started with!  AWESOME.

**My sister sent home a frozen chicken from the organic farm that I like near her with my parents after they spent Thanksgiving there and I cooked it the other night.  What a grammatically awful sentence.  I should have taken a picture.  Great chicken.

She sent eggs too but I haven't had any of those yet.  It's pretty good we have to drive 10 hours to get organic farm food.  Around here, it's hard to find and when we do, I think it's really expensive.

**I started making a fabric holiday banner that I really like and love the way it's coming out.  I'll show pictures when it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as I love summer. I reply to all comments except those ridiculous anonymous comments offering me dirty deeds and real estate. When you leave your comment, please make sure your own settings will allow me to reply to you. Nothing makes me sadder than replying to your comments and then realizing it’s going to the no-reply@blogger address!