Monday, June 6, 2011

Trucks, Tractors and Bulldozers- OH MY~!

It's Monday and time for some more Made By You Monday. I'm excited for this one because I worked on it for a couple of days. THis is for one of k-ster's friends who just had a baby.

I just love the colors!!  I don't usually make baby quilts with soft pastels.  I prefer primary colors and each one is so much fun to make!

I googled pictures and found these and just went to town. 

This one is my favorite.


I've been using the quilt as you go method lately so I can quilt each square.  I have a hard time rolling up a full sized quilt in order to quilt it.  I like the quilt as you go method, but I must be missing a step somewhere because when I go to put it all together, the amount of time I have to spend tucking the edges under on the back is really LONG.   Here's what it looks like on the back.

I had to do some creative maneuvers on this quilt because I didn't have enough of either blue to do all 9 squares with the same one.  So, I used 6 of one color and 3 of the other and put the 3 different ones in the middle.

On the front, I ran out of the yellow and went to Joann fabrics to get more, but they didn't have it.  I really wanted to finish and had about 2/3 done.  So.... I managed to go through the scraps that I had cut and put together literally, JUST ENOUGH to make it work.

I haven't finished the final sewing, so it's full of pins.  I plan to put an edge of rainbow colors to bind it.  I'll put up a final picture when it's done.

I think I'll take the pins out before I give it to the baby :)
Nothing But Country

 
and here
and here 

8 comments:

  1. What a fun quilt! I love all the tractors. You did a great job!

    justenoughstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW! How cool and fun. You did an amazing job. TFS! ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am always so impressed by people who can do this! I also love primary colors. You know I don't love the pink, so my favorite things of Wee 'Burb's are her lime green and bright purple toys and clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how super cute we just had a grand-son born just a few months ago and come from a farming family this is adorable come over and visit me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out great!! My little nephew would love something like this -- wish I had your skills ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute.
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling quilt!

    When my kids were two years old i had quilts made for them (I am NOT a quilter!) from some of my favorite baby clothes. The quilter even managed to work in a cap, some pockets, an overall clip and a teeny bikini. My son (14) is embarrassed by his so we folded it up and stored it in a trunk for his future wife to coo over and his future kids to snort at; but my daughter (11) still likes hers so it hangs on a wall in her room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your quilt.

    Love your project!! And love that you shared your creation with our readers this week too.

    Thanks for linking up at Nothing But Country Creative Creations Tuesday. You rock!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love summer. I reply to all comments except those ridiculous anonymous comments offering me dirty deeds and real estate. When you leave your comment, please make sure your own settings will allow me to reply to you. Nothing makes me sadder than replying to your comments and then realizing it’s going to the no-reply@blogger address!