Sunday, June 26, 2011

Scary Words



Ahhhh some of my favorite words in the English langauge.

Thanks to LL Bean, we can enjoy not one, but 2 items each day that are super on sale.  I love to look and see what they have.  On occasion, I've been lucky to find a real steal but sometimes the items are duds or they aren't what I need.

Today's 2nd markdown item:

Women's Saturday Corduroy Pants, Boot-Cut Straight 

Everything was great until that last word- straight.  This makes me start to quiver because it can only mean these vicious words will come next:

fitted through hips and thigh


Apart from phrases like "we've reached our altitude of 10,000 feet, now jump and enjoy the fall!" or "don't look now, but there's a 10 inch camel spider on the wall behind you, just act normal" , these are the most dreaded words on the planet.

I know it's hard to believe that those 5 words can bring dreadful nightmares to someone who can rock these skinny jeans or who can pull off leggings like this.

But these are the words I hate most in life.

Even at my very skinniest, I have never been straight through the hip and no pair of fitted anything has ever looked right on me. Unlike all of those boyish models who have no hips, I fall in to the class of J-lo when it comes to curves.

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard but sadly, they are all scary freaks.

And if I try to squeeze that milkshake into anything fitted in the thigh or hip, then it's just a mess.

Why, LL BEAN??? Why must you torment me so? Do you know how many times I have fallen for your daily markdown only to be tormented by your taunts of FITTED pants????

1 comment:

  1. Is anyone straight at the hip? I mean, really, after puberty we all have something there, right???

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love summer. I reply to all comments except those ridiculous anonymous comments offering me dirty deeds and real estate. When you leave your comment, please make sure your own settings will allow me to reply to you. Nothing makes me sadder than replying to your comments and then realizing it’s going to the no-reply@blogger address!