Today, I am participating in
Random Dozen--In-laws, Out-laws and Patriots
1. Have you, or has someone close to you, ever won an award for anything? I am woman of the year for the local American Business Women's Association this year.
2. Who is the nearest relative to you who has served in the US Military? My father
3. Share something that stirs the patriotic spirit in you. parades. Usually just a band makes me feel somewhat patriotic.
4. Where are you in the birth order in your family? Do you think your "placement" made a difference in your personality? I am the oldest of three. I am everything I've read about first children AND I am a Scorpio, so if you believe in astrological signs, I am a tough nut. Or maybe just nuts. I am certain my "placement" made a difference in who I am and what I believe. I'm the RESPONSIBLE one. The RELIABLE one.
5. Name one trait you hope you carry that was evidenced in your parents or grandparents. Following through, doing what I say I will do.
6. If female, do you prefer wearing a skirt or pants? If male, shirt and tie or polo? Mostly pants, although when I have a reason, I like to wear skirts. But only when it's warm. No tights or hosiery for me.
7. Approximately how many times do you wake during the night? What do you do to go back to sleep? Once, to go to the bathroom and I am usually back to sleep before I'm completely settled back in.
8. Share a favorite movie quote. I can't quote movies for anything, but I can quote my father, so if this life I am living is a movie, then my favorite quote would have to be "well that sounds like a personal problem to me" about anything trivial.
9. What is your favorite Fall candle scent? no.candles.ever.smells.are.bad
10. What is one Fall activity you're looking forward to? I can't say that I love fall. I don't do any particular activities that are fall related- no apple or pumpkin picking, I dont' love Halloween, etc.
11. Tell us about a pleasant surprise that happened to you recently. I won a $25 gift card to Trader Jo's for no reason. I didn't really win, it was a "gift" out of the blue.
12. What was it like when you first met your in-laws-to-be? Not married, so I never had in-laws-to-be.