It's time for the 5 things that made me laugh or smile this week. Visit The Girl NExt Door Grows Up for more!
1. I was thrilled by my garden when I found an unexpected cucumber and it tasted great! I am also pleased to see some tomatoes turning red. One had to be picked today because it's splitting open. Hopefully it will continue to turn red and will taste fab. I was also thrilled to see little corn ears popping out( but not popcorn this year!) and a couple of broccoli plants returning from the dead- with a vengeance, it seems. Slugs be damned!
2. It made me smile in a wicked way when I discovered how to pull the wool over the eyes of the firewall at school. I'm taking a technology grad course this week and it's about neat programs you can use for free on the internet to do some great stuff. I give you http://www.jingproject.com/ which is fabulous. It allows me to make movies or images of things on my computer. Why would I do this? Well, I made a sample movie about how to use my school blog. This way, kids can play it until they are blue in the face and will know all of the features of the blog. Then I won't have to talk until I am blue in the face. I also learned that you can "steal" pictures. Did I just say that? Oops. Yes, you can jing a picture that you can't nornally right click on and ta-da, you will have access to put it wherever you want and print with abandon. So, pictures of cousin Rita's wedding that you can see on pictage but can't print? Jing it, baby and it's yours! But my FAVORITE piece of information is that I can jing a youtube video and then actually play it at school if I post a link to the jing file on my blog. Our school system won't allow youtube to open without standing on your head, so this is my big eff-you to them! Hee hee hee. Now of course, I have to go look at youtube and find things I actually want to snag, so I guess I'm the one who's effed. But I'm glad I have this little nugget of information.
3. It made me happy when the weather started out very dry at the beginning of the week so I actually wanted to be outside. We won't talk about the weather since Wednesday.
4. It made me happy that we were able to celebrate my mother's birthday with her brothers and their wives. We had a little cookout and no one yelled at anyone about how their burgers were cooked. We had lots of laughs over very silly things.
She's going to kill me for posting this, but I got it off of her blog, so I guess it's free game!
Here's the 1/2 of the laugh factory generating some more words of wisdom.
We didn't have a #6 candle, so my sister put a 5 and 1 together and then a 2.
5. I laughed so hard in a dream that I woke up laughing. That is truly the strangest experience I've ever had.