Sunday, June 6, 2010

Horsing Around


Tucker Jumps The Fence

In March of 2009, I decided it was time to start riding a horse. It's something I've always wanted to do and when someone told me that they ride not too far from my house, I thought I would call and see if she'd teach me too. I really like it. It's been almost a year and half and I am pleased with my progress. And, in fitting with the theme that I can't stay clean, it's the dirtiest thing I've ever done. Not only am I always sweaty when I ride, even when it's cold, but it's always dusty and he's never squeaky clean, so I come home dirty from that too.

Today, we tried jumping. We've jumped a couple of times by accident, jumping over the rails that were flat on the ground, and it didn't scare me. Cantering scared me to death but jumping, no big deal. Today though, she had me jump over real jumps on purpose and it was fun. Some landings were very soft and graceful and a few were not so soft or graceful. Kenny was there and took some pictures. I hoped he could catch us in the air but most are before and after. This is the closest to catching us mid jump.

Yes, I'm wearing pants. My mother thought I was just in shorts but that would be ludicrous. The straps would pinch my legs and I'd have bruises forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as I love summer. I reply to all comments except those ridiculous anonymous comments offering me dirty deeds and real estate. When you leave your comment, please make sure your own settings will allow me to reply to you. Nothing makes me sadder than replying to your comments and then realizing it’s going to the no-reply@blogger address!